Palisade Security Fencing: Stronguard™ RCS
Palisade fencing is known for keeping unauthorised people out, but what if we told you it can also stop vehicles, whilst looking like standard palisade security fencing? Barkers’ StronGuard™ RCS is the only standalone palisade fence accredited by PAS68 to stop a 7.5 tonne vehicle at 30mph.
Originally designed to protect Critical National Infrastructure from increasingly frequent and severe hostile vehicle attacks. StronGuardRCS is now protecting multiple sites around the world from hostile and accidental vehicle impact.
StronGuardRCS crash rated fencing is currently being used to protect:
- Data centres across the EMEA, APAC and Australia
- The UK rail network from road vehicles. Road vehicles getting onto and obstructing the tracks present a risk to rail passengers and staff.
- A school after two accidents where vehicles crashed through the fence and landed on the playing field
- Military sites
- Critical National Infrastructure
StronGuardRCS, crash rated fencing is ideal for sites that:
- Would like subtle protection from vehicle impact – From the front of the fence StronGuard RCS looks just like a standard palisade fence
- Have limited space for foundations – StronGuardRCS achieves its crash rating using standard palisade fencing footings.
- Require a single solution to keep people and vehicles out
It is also available in 3 variants depending on your anti personnel requirements:
- StronGuard RCS – Our original StronGuard RCS which is approved by CPNI to BEH to be used on critical national infrastructure.
- StronGuard SL1 RCS – Accredited by LPCB to LPS 1175 A1 (SR1) meaning it will stop an opportunist attacker using bodily force and basic tools from gaining access for more than 60 seconds.
- StronGuard SL2 RCS – Accredited by LPCB to LPS 1175 B3 (SR2), meaning it will stop a persistent attacker using mechanical tools from gaining access for more than 3 minutes.
This heavy duty security fencing is easily combined with other security measures which include:
- Perimeter Intrusion Detective System (PIDs)
- Electric fences
Having these security measures form a comprehensive physical stronghold.
|Product Name||Height Range (m)||Pale Type||Security Rating|
|StronGuard RCS||1.8 - 3.0||D||CPNI BEH|
|StronGuard SL1 RCS||1.8 - 3.0||W||LPS 1175 A1 (SR1)|
|StronGuard SL2 RCS||2.4 - 3.0||W||LPS 1175 B3 (SR2)|
Standard Post Centres: 2.75m
Standard Foundations: 450mm sq hole (inters) and 600mm sq hole (corners/ends)
Impact ClassificationCOPY TABLE
|PRODUCT||Vehicle Weight (kg)||Vehicle type||Test Speed (kph)||Impact Angle (°C)||Penetration (m)||Dispersion of major debris (m)|
V/2500 [N1G]/48/90: 0.0/0.0
V/7500 [N2]/48/90: 3.5/0.0
- High-security fencing solution
- Accredited by Secured by Design
- No visible fixings
- The only palisade fence to provide PAS68 certification
- ‘D’ Profile
- Fix from the rear with a high load anchor
- Tools provided for installation
- Can be installed on sloping ground up to 30 degrees without requiring alterations on site
- Assembled on site
- Galvanized to British Standard EN ISO 1461 – 2009
- Powder coated in range of RAL colours
- Can be fitted with the following toppings:
- Barbed wire
- Razor wire
- Electrified fence
- PIDs and PIDs systems
Find out everything you need to know about data centre security fencing.
Covering all of the essentials when it comes to security fencing, as well as everything you need to consider when specifying your security fence.
The complete impartial guide to help you decide.
Looking for a full physical security solution?
Barkers is a member of HS Security, which is a division of Hill and Smith Holdings Plc, an International group of companies.
HS Security brings together the UKs market-leading manufacturers and suppliers of physical security security solutions for both temporary and permanent requirements in urban and industrial environments.
For a holistic physical security solution including bollards, doors, blockers, fencing and more, HS Security can deliver.VISIT HS SECURITY