Barkers’ Stronguard™ was born from a need for high-security fencing to secure the various aspects of the UK’s Critical National Infrastructure. It was originally tested by CAST, the government department responsible for testing products to be deployed on Britain’s Critical National Infrastructure network and was found to be a resounding success.
Benefits and Technical Features
A high-security variant of palisade fence that’s as flexible in its use as it is effective, Stronguard™ mitigates vandalism, theft and the ever-increasing threats of terrorism and espionage. It delivers exceptional protection against threat, performing as part of security strategies to deter potential attacks and minimise damage. It is especially effective for delay and deny unauthorised access attempts and breach site security alerts.
Stronguard™ provides unrivaled defence against attack and being engineered with anti-cut technology, is resistant to impact from saws, cutting, hammers, jacks, levers, power tools and hand tools. It is easily combined with other security measures which include toppings, PIDs and electric fences, forming a comprehensive physical fortress.
Versatility is a key feature of Stronguard™. It can be installed on ground with up to a 30-degree slope without on-site alterations, meaning that you can benefit from maximum security whatever your geography. Various protection levels are also available, and products can be tailored to sectors which include CNI, nuclear and power, aerospace, transport, defence, research and data centers.
Barkers delivers value right through from design to manufacturing and installation. We’re proud to have a team of security-cleared approved installers who provide an end-to-end service.
Swing gates manufactured to British Standard are available to match.
‘Approved for UK Government Use, for details contact CPNI’
- Tested high-security fencing – Approved by CPNI for UK government use, contact CPNI.
- Accredited by Secured by Design
- No attack face fixing
- ‘D’ profile
- 3mm to 4mm pales depending on specification
- No stepping/climbing aids
- Fix from the rear with a high load anchor
- No post to rail connection
- Engineered with anti-cut properties
- Tools are provided for installation
- Can be installed on sloping ground up to 30 degrees without requiring alterations on site
- Assembled on site
- Galvanized to British Standard EN ISO 1461 – 2009
- Powder coated in range of RAL colours
- Can be fitted with the flowing toppings:
-PIDs and PIDs systems
|Fence Height (m)||Pale Type||Typical Pale Thickness (mm)||Post centres (m)||Post Section (RHS)|
* Also available in 3.5 & 4 (mm) thick pales